Windows 10 The Most Intrusive Operating System
Microsoft has outdone themselves in tracking your every move. If you want your computer at home and, or, your mobile device to follow you and cater to your every whim read my article about what a great system it is. Here I am showing you why it is a good system but adds things that are not making the system better but to allow Microsoft to build huge databases with information that will build profiles about you. Recording your every whim, mood, communication, location, and interests to name just a few of the data you are trusting Microsoft with.
For their part they are going to make your life wonderful. Taking a huge chunk out of Apple’s business plan Microsoft wants you to buy from Microsoft, fly with Microsoft, listen to Microsoft music, watch TV on Microsoft, get your news from Microsoft, and in essence be led by the nose into their web of commerce, and something else. That something else is all your data.
Microsoft is highly dependent on US government contracts just like Apple and Google. All of these good buddies share data with the government. When all your data gets tumbled through their programs out will come a profile that will probably shock you. They will know more about you than you do. You forget, they will not.
The automatic telemetry will tell whomever wishes to know where you are as the bio-metrics adds data to help deliver advertising that is geographically relevant, dependent on your budgets, places you have been and people you know. Compared and analyzed these ads will appear, your personal assistant Cortana will help you out and there it will be, right next to you, exactly what you thought you wanted.
Microsoft has taken this to an extreme. It tracks your keystrokes, checks your spelling, records your calls, controls your camera, knows your geo location more exact than you, knows the languages you use, the sites you visit, the searches you use, the things you buy from them and the things you buy from others, special sensors, or beacons, will always let Microsoft know where you are. They are ready to “help” you.
You get calendars, email in their cloud, music from their cloud, each with its own monthly cost. Everything automatic for your ease of use and their targeting for commerce, government, and sales.
- Disable telemetry
- Disable Biometrics
- Disable handwriting data disclosure
- Disable handwriting Error Reporting
- Disable Application Telemetry
- Disable Inventory Collector
- Disable Steps Recorder
- Disable lock screen camera settings
- Deactivate and reset Cortana
- Disable localization
- Disable sensors
- Disable Web search
- Disable Windows Media DRM Internet access
- Activate postponing upgrades
- Disable app notifications
- Disable Password button ads
- Stopping and resetting the advertising ID
- Disable SmartScreen filter for URLs
- Disable sending write information
- Disable access to language list
- Disable app access to localization
- Disable app access to camera
- Disable app access to microphone
- Disable acquaintance
- Disable app access to user accounts info
- Disable app access to calendar
- Disable app access to messages
- Disable app access to wireless connections
- Disable app access to Uncoupled devices
- Disable prompts Feedback
- Disabling Windows Update distribution
- Disable Windows Update for other products
- Disable WiFi Sense
- Disable Windows Defender
- Disable automatic Windows Updates
- Deactivate OneDrive
- Disable Automatic Driver Updates
I will update this information in the coming months. It is taking a while to find all the intrusions as it seems the whole operating system is bent on holding onto you like a rabid mother.